Sunday, 12 June 2011

Day 1 of Therapy

So much to learn.

Daniel has had a great day, alot of new people, lots of therapy and a trip to the beach.
I think he thinks it is just a big playground with lots of big playmates, so far he has co-operated really well and is being challenged alot.

The cockroach saga continues. We have had several appearances today especially 30 mins after the killer poison was sprayed. Tomorrow pest control proper is coming in. So after a quiet afternoon we rejected the idea of a night in a hotel, we had been lulled into thinking we were all clear, until I saw one scuttle across the sofa!!! Another long night.... although now it appears to be the babies escaping.

We had lunch out to avoid the roaches, and while sitting finishing lunch, saw a couple of guys, dressed normally with hand guns attached to their waist like men in other countries wear mobile phones... So my first question to Paul "What are the gun laws here?". Oh I think it is legal.... he replied. So just been reading about it and usually even some teachers carry guns , not to control the children but deter terrorists! Is the country safer? In their minds yes...

We fitted in a trip to the beach this afternoon. Daniel spent the hour chasing the sea in and out. It was great to watch.
Photo may follow if we ever find the download cable?

Therapy ended at 9pm, so we are all very tired but also very positive. Daniel was in bed by this point, while Paul and I had some reflective homework to do.

Cockroach vigil continues.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the guns are for the cockroaches! How are you all today, exhausted I should imagine if you are therapying till 9. We are off to the Botanics tomorrow for a Teddy Bears Picnic!!

    ReplyDelete